The 4 Benefits of Residential Painting in Vacaville
Have you ever found yourself walking around your neighborhood noticing that one house that stood out just because of how it was painted? Have you ever been inside a home that has the same floor plan as yours but looks so different just because of the way it was painted? Painting the interior and exterior of your home is an easy and relatively inexpensive way to transform its appearance and increase its value. Whether you’re considering an exterior color update, an interior color change, or updating your kitchen cabinets to a more modern look, these makeovers will not only add big value to the home but also boost the morale of its inhabitants. This is also true for homeowners in Vacaville. Sadly, all too many homeowners only repaint their homes when they are getting ready to sell rather than enjoying the benefits themselves. There is no doubt that a fresh coat of paint can mean the difference in thousands of dollars and time sold. Read on to learn about the 4 benefits of residential painting in Vacaville…
1. Exterior Painting Increases Curb Appeal
Good quality paint is the first line of defense against the elements. The paint will protect your home from the sun, heat, wind, rain, and freezing temperatures. Even the best quality paint will chip and fade over time, that is unavoidable. So, if it’s been 5 or more years since you painted the exterior of your home, or if you see signs of peeling, cracking, or fading, it’s time to call in a professional for a residential exterior painting service in Vacaville.
Painting the exterior of your home will make you fall in love with it again. It is especially beneficial when your home is on the market and you want potential buyers to fall in love with your home the minute they pull up to the curb. It signals to the buyer that your home is in good condition and that they won’t have to spend additional money on upkeep. Painting the exterior is the way to boost your home’s curb appeal and value.
What are some alternatives if you are on a tight budget?
- If the paint on the walls is still in good shape you might get away with a professional wood trim repaint and repair instead. This is especially true if you see signs of water damage around windows. The caulking, replacing rotted wood, and repainting will keep your home protected and improve its appearance.
- If you live in an area with lots of dirt and grime from wildfires you can also consider having the exteriors power washed. In addition to removing dirt, this will also remove mildew and brighten up the place for little money.
- Repaint the front door. According to Zillow, homeowners with a black painted door increased the price of their home by almost 2.9%. This small change alone can make a big difference in appeal and selling price.
- You might also consider a new coat of stain on your deck, fence, and trellis. This will make the wood more lively and give a “welcome home” feel to the owner or the buyer when they step into your backyard.
- Updating the trim color can also be a great way to make your exterior pop in a beautiful new way.
These smaller changes can mean more money in your pocket when you sell and renew your pride in ownership. A 2015 study showed that homeowners who painted the exterior of their home netted a return on their initial investment of 51%!
2. Update Your Interior Paint Colors to Improve Appeal and Value
Updating your interiors every 5-7 years will make your home feel like new again. When doing so, consult with your professional first as to what the most recent color trends are. You should know that toward the end of the year most painting manufacturers choose what will be their color of the year. Benjamin Moore just announced their color pallet for the year and chose Aegean Teal as the color of the year 2021. Greige continues to be a color that potential home buyers love, as well as taupe with pink undertones.
If you are planning to put your home on the market, we recommend you stay within neutral colors to appeal to most prospective buyers. Buyers are better able to picture themselves and their furniture in a home when the walls are not overpowering bright colors. While it may seem like a big hassle to repaint your interiors before selling, it’s still is a relatively inexpensive way to impress potential buyers.
Plus, you’ll get lots of other benefits, such as:
- Refresh dingy-looking walls
- Lock-in and seal odors (especially important if you are a smoker, have pets, or cook a lot)
- Seal in and protect walls against dust and dirt
- Make smaller spaces feel bright and open
- Give homes (even older, historic ones) an updated, new, or more modern vibe
Finally, interior painting will eliminate scuffs, dings, dents, making it appear that you cared for and didn’t beat up your home.
3. Update Your Kitchen Cabinets with Paint
Gone are the days of dull brown kitchen cabinets. When it comes to your kitchen — you want it to be the focal point of your family. Contrasting the walls and cabinets can produce dramatic results. An experienced professional painter can consult with you on the right color choices and repaint your cabinets, saving you the expense of a full kitchen renovation.
4. Paint Your Bathroom to Increase Your Home’s Value
According to Zillow’s paint color analysis, if your bathroom is painted white for a spa-like feel or painted in bolder colors, this might not help with your overall home’s value. Instead, they found that the walls painted in light periwinkle blue or very light grey can in fact increase your home’s value. Both colors are ideal for bathrooms because accessories like cabinets, trim, plants, or fluffy towels tend to stand out against these colors. These colors never feel overwhelming, only calm, and relaxing. While white can look great in a bathroom, it can appear stark to a potential homebuyer. And, bright colors or statement colors tend to be a turn-off to folks looking to buy.
In closing, we hope that you will agree with the 4 benefits of residential painting in Vacaville and conclude that:
Painting Increases the Value of the Home
Painting inside and out is a great way to turn an affordable home improvement project into big bucks, especially when it’s time to sell. Plus, when you hire a professional, they’ll make sure the project is perfect and get it done quickly. You won’t see drips, streaks, or an uneven finish commonly experienced in DIY projects. So bring in a pro who can help you get the job done right, fast, and help you pick the right colors to please you, and appeal to potential buyers.
Universal Painting Contractors’ interior and exterior painting experts are ready to help you tackle any of your painting projects to make your home look at its best. if you live in Vacaville or nearby contact us today for a free painting quote.