What to Expect From a Commercial Painting Contractor
For most business property owners, the first step of any painting project is finding an experienced commercial painting contractor they can trust to get the job done. They can start with Google and other search engines and the company’s websites, read reviews to get a better idea of whom to invite for an estimate. Social media is another place to find and evaluate local commercial painting contractors with a good reputation.
In addition -if you can – be sure to also take a look at the contractor’s professional qualifications, license, and insurance credentials. Finally, you will want to make sure that the contractor offers some kind of warranty on their completed projects. That way, in case something goes wrong, you’ll have a guarantee that they’ll fix it for free.
When is it Time to Hire a Commercial Painting Contractor?
There are several situations. Typically, when you are noticing any of the following:
- The interior/exterior paint is peeling, cracked, dull, or damaged from exposure to the environment.
- You want to update the look of your space to attract new customers.
- You’ve changed your brand colors.
- The exterior is dirty or damaged.
- The drywall is broken, dented, or cracked (dry-rot).
- Walls are moldy or stained.
- The look of the building is not in line with your image.
What Types of Properties Do Commercial Painting Contractors Serve?
Commercial painting contractors work on all kinds of properties. If you own any of the below, you’ll need to hire one to complete your painting project.
- Apartment complexes and Condominiums
- Schools and other education centers
- Churches and other religious institutions
- Retail stores and shopping malls
- Medical offices and facilities
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Office buildings
- Industrial and manufacturing facilities
- Gyms, yoga studios, and fitness centers
- Restaurants, bars, cafes, and coffee shops
- Hotels and hospitality
Interior and Exterior Commercial Painting
Hiring a commercial painting contractor is one of the best decisions you can make for your business. For they can do more than just paint. By making the necessary repairs and selecting the right painting materials, they can perform
You only get one chance to make a first impression, and customers/clients will see the exterior of your business first. If the property looks worn, the exterior paint is old, dull, cracked, or chipped, it might be failing to impress. How your building looks on the outside can literally make or break a potential customer’s decision to do business with your company.
A fresh coat of exterior paint is a good solution. An experienced commercial painting contractor will be able to help you choose the correct type of paint and use the proper application process to get the finished look you’re aiming for.
Now that the exterior walls have drawn customers in, your interior walls better live up to their expectations. A fresh coat of paint in a color that complements your space and brand is sure to impress. Hiring a commercial painting contractor to get the job done means it will be done quickly and correctly.
Other Factors Your Painting Contractor Will Consider for Your Project
Painting often isn’t as simple as picking out a color you like and slapping it on the walls. It requires preparation and proper application to get the desired result. And when it’s done right, it will last longer. So, expect an experienced commercial painting contractor to take a few other factors into consideration before they get started on your painting project—and remember: the more thorough they are, the better the final result.
- Preparation, including repair work such as caulking and spackling.
- Furniture protection, such as drip sheets and painter’s tape.
- Your timeline and the estimated length of the project.
- Weather, temperature, and humidity and their effect on the project.
- Your schedule and avoiding business/production interruptions.
In short, an experienced commercial painting contractor will know all the right questions to ask and the steps to take to ensure your project is completed to your satisfaction. Universal Painting Contractors, Inc. is a great choice for your next commercial painting project, so give us a call to learn more and schedule your consultation.